My Prompt Writing for the creative class in the movie Margarita with a Straw

I  saw the movie because I was into food films recently but there was no food in the film, though orders of Margarita were made. At any rate, the movie has a beat of my heart because of the ending and quote from Rumi in the credits and the seemingly personal dedication by the director to a son who died, and of course, I seem to get myself to commit to write something using the prompts given by the creative writing professor. I saw my notes and did it today. Here is what I churned out:

New year's eve
Boat
Cello
Taste of orange
Someone wearing blue
Tell a loved one a very personal secret

After all these years, I hated new year's resolution. Actually, we both do because the moment we set things to resolve in the coming year we tend to break them. It's like an additional but unnecessary clothing on this cold night. We rather make each day a new day to resolve something, to live one day at a time.

No resolutions on this new year's eve, we declare now on top of this beautiful ship laden with tables dressed in white matched with red roses in the center swaying with the slow sound of cello playing for us. I erased other people in our scene, and across the seas, I can see Lady Liberty.

You are wearing a torquoise blue jacket and you look handsome, and y ou will be for me every year. I grabbed the orange you handed me and gently, continuously peeled it without breaking it like the years when we were apart. Now, all naked, the orange has the vibrant look and the sharp pleasant tangy smell of my dreams coming true. It tasted citrussy, made specially so by you in my sight.

I am finally with you, and let me tell you: I love you and after all these years people were exiting our lives but you're still here inside me. With you, I don't need any resolutions. Just this moment in time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*