A tale on Milk Tea and Cold Tea that ended with a poem called "I love you through and through"


The secret to the milk tea is actually the cardamom seeds which has to be pounded first inorder to bring out its aroma. Of course, a fine black tea is the soul of it. Milk is another story for me as I seldom use it and as little as possible.So for my Mik Tea, I use:

Cardamom seeds
Loose Black Tea (preferably Indian origin)
Evaporated milk
Mascuvado sugar

Boil water. Add the black tea and the pounded cardamom seeds. Bring to constant boil until desired tea strength.
Strain. 

Add milk to the tea and mascuvado sugar. The caramel and organic smel of mascuvado adds a layer of pleasant taste to the tea milk. Serve warm and refrigerate the remaining to be served cold. 

***

If you are tired of your usual hot teabag, infuse your fridge water with a bag or two of teas and you will love it too. Add lemon, or simply honey to taste. But I like mine as is. 

If you are so concerned with the caffeine content of teas, try looking rooibois as it tastes like black tea but it is not a proper te as it is a bush from Africa. Strictly speaking, we call it a tea when it is from the plant called Camellia sinensis.

To cap this entry, here is my poem I love you through and through from page 46 of Specks, my poem anthology. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*