Ways I enjoyed my Brazilian Spinach and Genovese Basil Pesto


The main ingredient to a good pesto is the fresh basil leaves and since I have a few cups, I used my brazilian spinach to enliven the usual fare. The authentic Italian pesto calls for pine nuts and I am lucky to have much of it as of this time. It was sent to me from abroad. In the Philippines, a kilo of it cost P2,000. Of course, so as not to consume my nutty sweet smelling pine nuts, I also used almonds. 

For this batch, here are my ingredients:

Brazilian Spinach
Genovese basil
Parmesan Cheese
Garlic
Pine nuts
Almonds
Himalayan salt
Extra virgin olive oil (Evoo)

By small batches, put ingredients in a blender and blend until all is done. Store in a glass container and top with EVOo To seal off freshness. 


Use the pesto on your pasta, a spoon of it will already make two plates served in your fave resto. Or top ot on your toast and use as marinade for your fish. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*