Brazilian Spinach and Genovese Basil Extended Pesto


I called this my Extended Psto because I don't want to annoy Italians with my version of their well loved pesto. Well, they started it and it's their fault that pesto is so good that I came to love it. Enough of teasing the Italians! hahahaha

Of course, I have to use what is in my garden. Since Brazilian Spinach abound this weekend and I harvested a lot of my Genovese Basil and a few leaves of sweetbasil, I am obliged to utilize the ever greener Brazilian Spinach. 

After a brawling match with my new blender, I churned out many batches of pesto. I used it for the french bread toast and flaked roasted chicken, spanish sardines angel hair pasta. Voila, a hearty meal.

Brazilian Spinach, wilted and chopped
Genovese Basil
A head of garlic, sliced
Pine nuts
Almonds
Parmesan
Himalayan salt
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)

Process by batch all ingredients in the blender or ideally in a food processor till pasty consistency is reached. Store in jars and fill in upper portion with evoo just enough to cover it and prevent further darkening of pesto and preserve it. Use in pasta, toast, omellette or soup dishes. Enjoy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*