FARMING FAIRIES DIARY: The Story of my Perilla

MY PERILLA STORY: From 200 seeds and 4 kinds I bought online, only 4 plants and 1 kind grew. I let the plant mature, harvested some leaves and tried them and loved them. It has no intrusive taste, it is not hardy but hard enough not to breakdown when used as wraps. It is a mint family so its stem is succulent but the flavor is subtle.

When they flowered, I let them be until they wilted and got all the seeds. Now, I have the 1st generation of perilla in my garden as I sow all the seeds and they made me wait anxiously a bit before they rose up and waved some leaves to me. Started transferring them now. 

Wraps soon for a K and Jap Lunch. 3.3.21

#farmingfairiesdiary

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*