How to spot a hacker's email posing to come from a bank


Last time, I have been receiving supposed emails from Metrobank threatening me to close my account if I don't update. Toink!!! I have no metrobank account. But this Unionbank emails are flooding my mails lately that I thought of sharing them to you my readers.

I have been meaning to blog about these attempts to hack bank accounts because the hackers are getting sophisticated too in how they deliver the emails. The logo and the link seems to look legit. But think twice before following the instruction in the email.

Here are the things I keep in mind to avoid being a hacking victim:

1. Dont hit the update button in the email. This will divert you to another link address and the hacker can change your cellphone # where your OTP is sent. This happened to a friend and she was not refunded by the bank when her debit account was withdrawn.

2. Go to the https address of your bank or the bank's app if you want to change something.

3. Do not respond to emails from banks when one is in a hurry or doing errands as the errands will sometimes distract you from further investigating the emails. Read emails when one during downtime.

4. Compare official bank emails such as statements or transaction receipts to the ones that asks for update. You will spot tge logo and address difference. 

5. After spotting hacker's email, Hit Spam always, not just delete. 

Now, I can peacefully sleep after sharing these thoughts to you. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*