Coconut-raisin-cashew nuts Macaroons


I liked this granola-like macaroons I made because it pairs well with my green tea in the morning. I got raisins and cashew nuts so it's a perfect combination for that nutty, sweet and tangy twist. Another interesting twist is that I have no macaroons baking tin and it's difficult to mould with my hands only and further, I refused to add more condensed milk or even sugar to further act as binder (you may add sugar to bind the mixture so you can achieve the cookie look). The solution to my problem? I used my sushi rice moulder so I got oval macaroons! Here is how you can duplicate mine.

500g Dessicated Coconut
250g cashew nuts
125g raisin
1 can condensed milk
Pinch of salt
2 eggs (yolk and white separated)

Pre-heat oven for 180C. In a bowl, separate egg white and yolk. Whisk the eggwhite until fluffy. 

In a bigger bowl, add all ingredients with the fluffy eggwhite as last. Mix well. 

Spoon the mixture and bake for 15-20 minutes for each batch. As my oven got hotter, I baked the macaroons for 20 minutes initially but it shortened to 15minutes as I went along. 

TIP: Two baking tins are required so as to give time for the batch to cool down before moving to the cooling rack. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*