How to Make your own Prosperity Bowl



Each last week of December, it is a tradition of every Filipino home to have 12 fruits and/or 12 eggs on the table in their sala or reception room or dining hall to welcome prosperity for each month of the following year. It could be more than 12, so abundance will overflow.

This is the second year that I made another prosperity bowl. One with coins and paper bills, eggs, and oranges. The only ritual I have to perform is to spiritually cleanse the coins with vinegar or salt by putting some in a cup together with the coins. After some time, discard the vinegar or salt somewhere far from home. I preferred salt for cleansing. I just wash the coins with running water, dry them and place them in a cup with salt. 

For the bills, I used 12 new bills. Tie them with red or gold as they are the colors of prosperity. This year, I used Viva Magenta to tie each of them as it is 2023's lucky color.

For rice, I used Japanese rice this year though I wanted to use sticky rice, to represent how luck will stick with us in our home. I also placed the 12 oranges in a separate bowl as I have a small display bowl but you can very well arrange them in same bowl.

Also, I used pineapple too as my center fruit as its many eyes represent many coins/money. Usually, an orange in the center is enough, because an orange is attractive and its section inside represents wealth too. Be creative in setting yours, as long as the fruit you use represents prosperity and good relations.
   
12 eggs
12 oranges 
12 paper bills tied with red or gold ribbons
Rice, any kind but sticky rice is recommended
12 coins, cleansed as instructed above
1 pineapple
12 oranges

Arrange in one bowl or basket according to your creativity. Below is my table for 2022 to usher 2023. I added candies and sparkling juices to bring in sweetness to my new year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*