"The Braves," a myfrenchfilmfestval.com feature film

 
 
I managed to finish watching one short and two full-length films over the weekend though my wifi connection is so erratic (Hello PLDT!). The featured films are for free via the myfrenchfestival.com. One just needs to create an account with the site and films can be rented and viewed for free via many platforms if one is in the Philippines. I have one month to enjoy all the french films with subtitles.
 
I watched The Braves and I was happy that it is finally a good film to recommend to others. It is about the friendship of two young women and their dream to become actresses. They are young, so full of life, and ambitions and they were on their road to their dream when a tragedy struck. This is a story of friendship, and sisterhood. 
 
I just could not relate a bit why the play featured in the film is about an immigrant in New York. It could be much more interesting if it features an immigrant in France. Maybe, the play is just the parallel of the two women who are both immigrants in France at present time in the movie.
 
This reminds me of my 20s and my dreams.


P.S.
I watched the full-length A Tale of Love and Desire and the 33-minute Out of the Blue but both fell short of my expectation as they did not open my interest to the characters, though in the Tale, it's good to know that the inspiration of Eric Clapton's song Layla came from an Arab literature.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*