Life of Pi, Yann Martel's book charms me more than the already-charming-to-me film adaptation


Life of Pi
By Yann Martel
Fiction, Paperback, 326 pages

My nephew asked me why I read the book when I already saw the movie. He recalled the tiger Richard Parker and the Indian boy, to prove his point that we have watched the film. 

I told him that the movie is a sure good film but it was a visial portrayal, none of the meditations on written words. I wanted to add but spared him, that I even liked the actor who played Pi in the movie and I liked his succeeding films all throughout the years that follow. Also, I relearned that Ang Lee directed the film so I simply trust that it must be good. 

I loved the first part of the book, its heart is actually found early on in chapters 21 and 22. But I only realized that after going through the middle humdrum of survival and then the thin last part. See, that's the reason I loved the book and finished until the 100th chapter. 

Do you believe in God? Or stopped asking yourself or relied on others to define who God is to you? Read on the Life of Pi. 

Do not hurry up. Savor the first chapters. I smile with them while reading, reflect with them while doing my garden, meditate on written words and honoring them with my highlighter. 

Hunger is the mother of all inventions. Including stories. Take the Life of Pi.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

Is this a Philippine Wisteria?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)