Chef's Table and My Pandesal Crostini and Oven-roasted Eggplant with Mayo-Wasabi Dip


AS SIXTH POST FOR THE #foodflixflex which my friends and I will be doing this September to celebrate food and cinema, I present you my Pandesal Crostini and oven-roasted Eggplant with Mayo-Wasabi Dip using what's available in my garden, in the wet market and in my pantry.

I have to do something out of what is around me. With flair, with inventiveness, with celebration of flavor.

This philosophy I gathered from watching Chef's Table, a documentary feature of different chefs from around the globe by Netflix. I'm still learning more as I progress in watching the documentaries.


Pandesal Crostini

Pandesal
Olive oil
Tomato sauce
Tomato paste
Basil leaves
Sliced tomatoes
Cheese

Preheat ove. In an oiled pan, arrange halved pandesal. Drizzle with olive oil. Mix tomato sauce and paste, then spread a spoonful of paste on each   bread. Top each slice with basil, tomatoes and cheese. Bake at 200F for 20 minutes. Serve hot.


Oven-roasted Eggplant with Mayo-wasabi sauce

Eggplant
Olive oil/Avocado oil
Himalayan salt
Basil leaves
Italian oregano leaves

Halve eggplants and place on pans. Drizzle with olive and avocado oil, season with salt. Tear herbs and spread on top of eggplants. I have small eggplants so it was done after 20 minutes at 200F.


Mayo-wasabi Sauce

Mayonnaise
Wasabi

A spoon of mayo, add a tsp or more of wasabi. Mix and put a half-teaspoon of mixture on the side when serving. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*