My Quarter-pound Burger with CLOC reminds me of Anthony Bourdain and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 1 & 2


AS NINTH POST FOR THE #foodflixflex which my friends and I will be doing this September to celebrate food and cinema, I present you my monstrous  QUARTER POUND BURGER with cucumber, lettuce, onion and two cheeses that left everyone full and satisfied that I think they won't be salivating for it for the time being when they would see it in the screen. When I decided to make a real beefy burger, I had the Cloudy with A Chance of Meatballs 1 & 2 in mind because they are the movies of my nephews when they were still younger.

 But while I was contemplating of writing about it, Anthony Bourdain kept entering my mind, maybe because he's a New Yorker and burger for me means American. Well, given the life story of Bourdain, I sure love that he's prolific as a writer given the number of his books, and as travel-host of many food series. But like my craving for burger which is just once in a blue moon, I liked some episodes of his travel shows but I could not take too much of it. And I am yet to read one of his books. 


Well, I found two interesting photos of him in the net, one real life photo of him eating some burger in New Jersey, and the other is a funny cartoon rendition of him and his burger.   


The Recipe
Gerlie-cious Burger

Patty
1 kilo of beef
1 cup bread crumbs
1 T pepper
1 T salt

Burger buns

Toppings
Mayonnaise 
Tomato Ketchup
Caramelized onions
Lettuce leaves
Cheddar slices
Mozzarella slices

Mix all patty ingredients using hands. Divide the mixture into eight equal portions and form into a ball. Flatten the mixture to about half to 3/4th inch thickness.

Place patty in a teflon pan or stovetop grill in high heat for about 8 to 10 minutes on each side. To get that char lines, I used my stove top grill but it does not matter as the beef is still juicy.
 
Toast the burger buns divided into two. Place the burger and the extra toppings in between the bread. Serve with long toothpick to keep the stack intact. Happy big bite!!!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*