POEM: Perfect TIme (Inspired by our 3 to 4 PM visit at Stone Peak, DSB, Negros Occidental)




Perfect TIme
(Inspired by our 3 to 4 PM visit at Stone Peak, DSB, Negros Occidental)
By Gerlie M. Uy 2.27.19

From here, you are all gorgeous:
I can see the tip of your nose,
And the fine line of your foot.
In between, your body curves with vividness,
your dotting greenish moles fading.
I can't look at you with this clarity
When I came to see you at first
The sun could blind then and it did well.
Then someone wanted me to like you
By prettifying your face with terracotta hues
but clearly it's not the essence of you,
And I couldn't even get inside you.

You were saying something to me
Through the  hovering eagle or hawk
or through the humming breeze
but I miserably couldn't hear you;
Our world was full of people then
And I opted to run away fast to escape.
It's not you, it's me.
With that break-up line, we parted.
I thought that explains how we ended,
But I was all wrong.

Now I am back to you
when the sun is gently up
And the dotting crowd is still asleep
And the happy birds still sing our song.
So From where I sit now,
you are all gorgeous:
I can see the tip of your nose,
And the fine line of your foot.
In between, your body curves with vividness,
your dotting greenish moles fading.
I can look at you with clarity.
You did not change a bit,
Neither did I. Only Time changed for us. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

Is this a Philippine Wisteria?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)