Charmed by Damires Hills Tierra Verde of Janiuay, Iloilo



Charmed by nature and lulled by the cool wind of Damires Hills Tierra Verde in Janiuay, Iloilo last December, I returned there to celebrate my mother bear's birthday. There, we had a family room perched on top of a hill and we enjoyed double beds for each one of four of us. The veranda has a duyan and the cool breeze invited us to enjoy it. The occupant in the next hut painted the villa and my nephew enjoyed watching him doing it when he caught him at sunset and then saw him again the next day in the morning on our way to the canopy walk.

***


 
 
We did the mini forest hike after passing by the kahon of ricefields and we paused for photos at the start of the hanging bridge. I was the last one as I intend to take many selfies and I don't want movements from the bridge made by my naughty nephew.

***


Here is a photo of me at the start of the walk through the bridge.

***



Of course, night swimming is a must. The picturesque restaurant and the well-lit pool are quite an experience to go with the cold waters of the pool. They have jacuzzi by the pool too.

***

We had dinner at the resto and we liked this Malaysian-inspired noodle which has coco milk in it. Their Pho is too sweet, far from the real Vietnamese fare. The list in the menu are for the adventurous palate and lacks the staples. I had a cocktail but I must say, it is not their forte. Again, the ambience is so inviting. Btw, they have ktv rooms and that's a fun discovery worthy to be tried if I get the chance to go back here.



 

My overall rating:
Place 5/5
Service 4.5/5 Check out is at 11am when check in is at 2pm
Amenities 5/5
Food 2/5 buffet is not great; food and cocktails selection is not wide


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

Is this a Philippine Wisteria?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)