Poem: My Guintubdan Spring

My Guintubdan Spring
By Gerlie Uy
2.22.19

How can I who love sunshine
suddenly want to jump towards you,
a you who is rocky and icy?
I was hesitant to approach you at first:
In my head, you are the coldest,
and touching you like a curious child
sent me screaming that you are as cold as ice.
Shall I touch you more [will you allow me], or
shall I leave at once?
I know. I don't want your coldness.
Yet before I appeared here in front of you,
almost naked and ready to plunge,
I already played out many ways to get into you.
Somehow, I wanted you.
And somewhat, I am ready
to give you all of my warmth.
And it came to pass that I decided:
I wanted to really immerse in you,
feel you more, dip myself deeper into you.
We embraced like yin and yang,
and as I emerged from your coldness,
I smiled. Your cold kiss all over me
blushes my whole body, opens me
cleanses my soul, clarifies my senses
arrests all of my defenses.
No wonder why love, especially loving you,
gives me some cold feet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

Is this a Philippine Wisteria?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)