Banana Cake with Glazed Pili Nuts on top

By GERLIE M. UY

glazed pili nuts on top!

up close with the muffins!

still stuck on the tin!

Hot..

first tray...

my batter!

a sure hit, these muffins were gone in no time.

More of the muffins; evidently more time to take photos!!!

a closer look at the muffins...


1 cup butter
2 c brown sugar
3 large eggs, beaten


3 c flour, sifted
1 1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t iodized salt (omitted)
1 1/2 c evaporated milk

1/2 t vanilla (omitted)
6 cups of mashed over ripe banana
a handful of glazed pili nuts

Pre-heat oven to 350F. Grease a medium muffin tins.
In a mixing bowl, cream the first three ingredients until well-blended. Set aside.
Combine the sifted flour, baking powder and salt.
In the mixing bowl of creamed ingredients, alternately add mixed flour and milk, a little at a time. Blending the mixture each time the ingredient is added in order to avoid lumps. Put together the last four ingredients and add to the mixture. Place mixture in each muffin tin, then put pili nuts on top.
Bake muffin for 20 minutes. Let cool before removing from muffin tins.
Yielded 30 medium-sized muffins.

I used same method as my earlier Banana-Peanut Cake but since I have many over ripe bananas, I just made changes in the ingredients. Next time, if  I have same amount of bananas, I would add another cup of flour and make the baking powder 2t and see if I can have a fluffy version.  Nevertheless, I still got tasty and stuffy banana muffins out of this try... 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*