Book-grimage inside SM City Bacolod

Booksale haul

This past weekend, we met head-to-head the BIG BAD WOLF by accepting its bookhauling CHALLENGE. But our teen companion wanted manga and he couldn't find one in the BBW long z-shaped aisle which starts from Seattle's Best and ends in Kenny Rogers. A very long aisle indeed but I myself was disappointed  as I got nothing from their non-fic section. Evidently, the Iloilo City bookworms bought everything nice and left me nothing. So I ended up buying the augmented reality books for children. I once bought the three AR titles in the BBW online and gifted them to my nieces. This time, i'm buying it for the teen shelf in the house, and future perusal for the fun reading hours with the kids!  In addition, I ended up buying a NY travel guide and Volunteering book. 

Originally, I was looking for PERU travel guide but to my dismay, there was none. The staff could not even assist me in checking if they have. "It's assorted ma'am, we don't even know what are in the carts." All right, time to pay and move on!

Some snaps at Fullybooked

Our teenish went to Fullybooked and scoured for manga but the price was beyond his budget and he has read some of the titles. I was just tagging along and loitering so that I was able to take pics. 

Speaking of budget, I dragged him to BOOKSALE for some try on his luck on secondhand books. The manga shelf was conservative and I ended up hauling BIG BOOKS consisting of two Mandela autobiographies, one Reader's Digest Nonfiction which I admittedly (and now shamelessly say) collect, one OBAMA biography and my happy find, a JAMES HERRIOT. I'm not sure yet if I read this Every Living Thing as there were changes in the titles of his book depending on his place of publication. I read his ALL THINGS BRIGHT and ALL CREATURES GREAT AND SMALL when I was in elementary. I could not even recall details of his adventures, but I have this old familiar joy or happiness in finding his book in hardbound and best condition. Five hatdbound books for less than 1000php.
BBW book buys



Scored books at NBS with 80% discount

Not contented with his manga foray as he has no haul yet, we went to the NATIONAL BOOKSTORE and I ended up buying five good titles while foraging in their 80% off shelf. I paid less than 300php for five new books!

What a book pilgrimage at SM City last weekend!!! Till next time, about twelve months from now. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*