Rice cooker Chicken Biryani


Well, I made my Biryani Masala so the next good thing is to try it out even without Basmati rice. I used the stocked rice for our daily consumption. I also had roasted chicken leftover but you may use chicken parts using the yogurt marinade I used here to give the chicken some extra flavor. Of course, I used whole cardamoms to add exotic prettiness to the cooked rice. You may add cinnamon sticks too for aesthetic purpose. Of course, make caramelized onions.

*Browned onion:
3 medium Onions, sliced
Oil
Balsamic vinegar

In a pan, heat a little oil, add the onions and stir-fry. Add balsamic vinegar just enough to change its color. Stir until browned, not burnt.
Set aside.

**Marinade for chicken
1 cup yogurt
2 T turmeric
1 thumb ginger
A handful of mint leaves
Pinches of salt and pepper
Chicken pieces

Add all ingredients in a bowl and marinate chicken for 30 minutes or more.

***Rice:
3 cups rice
3 cups chicken broth or water
Marinated chicken plus the marinade
3 T Biryani Masala
Caramelized onions
Crushed cardamom pods
Cinnamon sticks
Salt and pepper to taste

In your rice cooker, measure the rice. Usually the water to rice is 1:1 ratio. Instead of water, I used chicken stock. Add the rest of the ingredients and let cook in the rice cooker. 

Tips/Note: I have too little leftover roasted veges so I added it in the mixture. You may add potatoes to yours too. Use Basmati rice and follow cooking instructions as to the water neededto boil it. Add water a little if rice is a little uncooked towards the end. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*