Biryani Masala


Made my own Biryani Masala with what I have in the pantry, and of course, this is inspired by my newly arrived Green Cardamoms sent by a friend from Germany. Gather spices from your pantry. I think anise, bayleaves and turmeric are easy to find. 

cardamom pods
fennel seeds
star anise
anise seeds
Bay leaves
Coriander seeds
cinnamon powder
ginger powder
turmeric powder

In a bowl, gather your spices except the powders. 

Heat a small amount of oil in a pan, put all the whole spices in the bowl. Stir with a bamboo spatula until browned. 

In a food processor, process the toasted spices. Process until powderized. I could not powderise everything using my processor so I strained the powder and saved the husks and bits which I used to spice my roasted potatoes. 

Gather the powdered spices and add the spices in powder form. 

I made two batches! The first batch made it to my biryani today. 
My biryani rice recipe shall follow! ✌️I used ordinary rice as I got no basmati. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*