Biryani Masala


Made my own Biryani Masala with what I have in the pantry, and of course, this is inspired by my newly arrived Green Cardamoms sent by a friend from Germany. Gather spices from your pantry. I think anise, bayleaves and turmeric are easy to find. 

cardamom pods
fennel seeds
star anise
anise seeds
Bay leaves
Coriander seeds
cinnamon powder
ginger powder
turmeric powder

In a bowl, gather your spices except the powders. 

Heat a small amount of oil in a pan, put all the whole spices in the bowl. Stir with a bamboo spatula until browned. 

In a food processor, process the toasted spices. Process until powderized. I could not powderise everything using my processor so I strained the powder and saved the husks and bits which I used to spice my roasted potatoes. 

Gather the powdered spices and add the spices in powder form. 

I made two batches! The first batch made it to my biryani today. 
My biryani rice recipe shall follow! ✌️I used ordinary rice as I got no basmati. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time is relative: A reunion at Casa Mariquit Of Jaro, Iloilo City

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

Linabog nga Bisaya nga Manok