Flavors of Japan, from eggs to sake

I am sharing our Japan Food List here. We got everything in our list covered, and more. I tasted fresh fig there at last! 

✅️ sushi from a conveyor belt which we did in Hakodate, Hokkaido


✅️ sushi to my heart's desire from a grocery store in Hakodate, Hokkaido as it is the place with live King Crab and giant clams so I had the freshest salmon, tuna, flat whitefish and mackerel on top of my sushi



✅️ onigiri, that triangle rice with filling inside and a cut of nori sheet outside to hold it, is a life saver everytime we have to catch a train. I love the salmon onigiri.


✅️Dotonbori bowl with raw egg in Osaka is what I want to have more



✅️ Kobe Beef, the tenderest ever, is a bit steep in Ueno, Tokyo



✅️ Lamb but got lamb sausage only in an Izakaya in Otaru, Hokkaido


✅️ Grilled Mackerel which I ate using my survival chopstick skills, Asakusabashi, Tokyo


✅️ Grilled Eel (I think the Japanese considers this special) in Sapporo, Hokkaido


✅️ Soba is made with buckwheat. Photo here is a bowl of soba soup. Try the simplest/ traditional way of serving it, with soy sauce only because I liked it more.

✅️ Okonomiyaki, very tasty and nice to pair with ginger ale in Kyoto


✅️ LeTao pastry with cheese in Otaru, Hokkaido


✅️ Eggs in Japan are tasty that every egg connoiseur can consider it as heaven (see more in our hotel breakfasts, next post)


✅️ Peach, I read they pride for 3 kinds. I had one fresh and it's super tasty. I had been trying all peach drinks I can get hold in Japan and enjoyed them all.


✅️Sake passed our taste test. we had sake to celebrate our first week in Japan.

Photo Courtesy of Tina

✅️ Rice crackers is a must-try too. We love the seafood crackers we had with our sake but I love more the special rice cracker which is a delicacy in Kyoto. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*