Kindness in action, the Japanese way


I MISS THE JAPANESE WAY. 

Shizouka Tea Museum is 2.2km away from the train station and this guy who manned the parking lot instructed me to call three numbers for the taxi by using the payphone (we have no local cellphone). I did contact one out of the three numbers but using the payphone with cobwebs lingering on my ear, I could not book as the lady on the next line cannot speak English amd I can't speak Japanese. He made a call through his own cellphone and the guy he was talking to gave up his convo with him to enable him to help us. 

The Japanese made it casual to help, and a way of life to help and concede to others or adjust especially when I walk on the right side. This is only one story but this happens all the time in the train station or Family Mart. I miss the people, equally as the sights in Japan.

 As a Filipino, I became accustomed to being individualistic and expecting for a big thank you for every gesture I gave out and felt bad when someone didn't say thank you. I realized, if we HELP and be considerate to others regardless of who is that person, it can transform into a rhythmic culture worthy of emulation. "Be kind anyway" is truly lived in Japan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*