Three Things that confirm I'm in a City that never sleeps

Below are the Top three things that made me say I am in a City that never sleeps and I am homing in. 

First, I did mail my international mail to Canada with a small item in it, 1 domestic mail with assorted blings in it and another international mail to the Philippines consisting of a postcard via a self-service machine. I was informed that they will all arrive after 4 days. As for a domestic package, I lined up to get assistance and it has a flatrate as long as the items fit the box. I was told that it will arrive after 1 day. Aside from the self-service kiosk, the US POST OFFICE is very spacious and a big building. Amazing!


Second, I have an unlimited metrocard for 30 days which brought me from end to end of New York City via train, bus and cable car all for unlimited rides. Yes, you read that right, I rode three ways using this card. The train brought me to South Ferry where the Statue of Liberty and the ferry to Staten Island are located. 

Meanwhile, I took the bus for short rides but if I wanted a slow, tour-like ride, then I took it to ride from East to West. 

Lastly, the cable car or the tramway as part of metro service is just so awesome. I used it to cross the river to visit the Roosevelt Island. 


Washing my dirty linens in public (of course, the pun is wickedly intended) is one mark that I am in the Big Apple. We just don't do that in the Philippines. 

I can list free nyc wifi anywhere, museums, bookstores, amazing food, assorted fruits and people in all shapes and colors but these three ordinary stuff that made me extraordinarily placed in this big city of New York are the real badges for me. :) 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*