Pizza Dough with yogurt and oatmeal

 

 

 

         One of the reasons I kept a blog on the food I make is because I tend to misplace my notes. After years of cooking and being interested in cooking, I just can't rely on recipes posted on other blogs especially when it involves baking. There are factors to consider in baking, the timing and the oven one uses contribute to the differences in the outcome. Common Sense and constant practice makes perfect. This recipe is a tweak from my Calzone Dough which you may try. What I like about my recipe is that it is just so perfect everytime. I don't double my recipe but make one dough at a time. The good liquid to solid ratio is reached when I do this, so I think that is the advantage.

 Dough

2 C All purpose flour
2/3 C Rolled Oats
1tsp salt
2tsp baking powder
1 C yogurt
4T olive oil

Toppings
Tomato sauce with tomato paste
Tomatoes
White onion slices
Cheeses
Sauteed ground Beef
Genovese basil leaves
Olive slices
Any toppings you want to try


Preheat oven at 240F or max of oven.


In a deep bowl, place the first three ingredients, make a well. Add milk and oil then mix with spatula in a circular motion until flour is manageable to form into a ball. Knead light to form a ball about 5 times. Let stand in a bowl. 

 
Dust dough mat with flour. Put the dough ball, cover with thin plastic and roll. It glides when I use plastic on top of the dough. Make 12-inch square or round.. Heat in oven for 10 minutes at 200F.

Remove from oven. Lather with tomato paste and sauce mixture. Add desired pizza toppings. Return to oven and let cook for 15 to 20 minutes at 200F.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*