Tinola Nga Bisaya Nga Manok (Native Chicken Soup with Papaya and Chili leaves)

  
 
I mentioned in my past blog that I wanted to cook Tinola for the Jose Rizal tribute but cooked binakol instead.Much to my dismay, I learned that I have no entry on tinola nga manok in my blog when I searched for it. The irony is that my family loves tinola and it's a staple to our survival and happiness and it's an anomaly why I got no blog post about it. So, it's about time to post one.

We love native chicken as it is tasty compared to 45 days chicken. I also do not saute as I avoid oils being subjected to heat but put the garlic and onions directly to the soup. You may saute if you like. Here's how we do it:
 
Ingredients ;
1 whole native chicken (or free range chicken), cut to serving sizes
water
garlic
onions
ginger, thumsized
bellpepper
green papaya
lemongrass, knotted
salt and pepper
chili leaves 

Boil the chicken in a deep casserole until tender.
Once the meat is tender, add the garlic, onions, ginger, abd bellpepper.
Add more water if necessary, then add add the papaya and the knotted lemongrass. Let boil.
Check the flavor, add salt and pepper to adjust the taste. Add the chili leaves and cover.
Remove from fire and serve hot with rice.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*