Chives and Carrots Omellette


Chives is one rewarding plant I have. I had them for at least 5 years already and it started from a small number of stalks given by a friend. I think I have 3 varieties basing from their tiny stalk-like leaves. 

I saw and tasted this in vietnamese pancakes as well as in the sidewalks of Hutong in Beijing as well aa markets in Xi'an. It got my attention and I instantly loved it.

For neophyte gardeners who wants to have a go-to herbs, I recommend chives. I saw vids that this can be grown hydrophonically and in shallow planters as well. I have not successfully sown Seeds of Chives but I must try again.

Sunflower Oil
Chives, chopped
Carrots, grated
Eggs, scrambled

Scramble eggs, add salt and pepper. Set aside. In an iron pan, spray a little oil or use no oil at all. Add the chives and carrots just until wilted. Add scrambled eggs just thin enough to cover the omellette pan (About 8-inch pan). Using a bamboo or silicon spatula, gently roll the cooked portion. Repeat until all eggs are used up. Serve with lghtly toasted bread or rice.

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*