No-bake Trifle Cake


This post is long overdue. I practiced this last October as I have no glassware to use inorder to showcase the beautiful layering that is the highlight of this cake. I called it no-bake because I am fortunate to find that the chiffon cake of Merci Bakeshop is the right one to use for this  recipe. Find some chiffon cake or bake one. I liked this chiffon because it is fluffy and has soft texture when it touches my tongue. 

I used fresh and canned as well as bottled strawberry, and canned peach during my practice but feel free to use fresh ones. Luckily, on the birthday of my nephew, I had fresh strawberries to top my trifle. 

This christmas, I will be using canned blueberries. This was a hit because of the ice-creamy filling.

Recipe:
The cake:
Chiffon cake

Slice cakes, thinly and in uniform sizes if possible

The Toppings:
Fruits, fresh, canned or jam
Granola, if desired

Slice fruits flat and thin. Set aside imperfect ones. Reserve the fruity jam or juice from canned fruit after fishing out some whole fruits. 

The Cream:
1 or 2 blocks of Cream Cheese 
(frozen variety like Magnolia which is available in the supermarket; more cheese the yummier the cream)
1 pack all purpose cream (pre-chilled) or the cream in can which is more densed
1 can condensed milk, use all or part depending on sweetness desired
Imperfect truits and its jam or juice, set aside above

Cube the cream cheese and put a portion in the blender, add cream and condensed milk and fruits. Do this by batch and place blended mixture in a pitcher.

The Trifle
In a glass jar or container, assemble a layer of the cake to cover the bottom, add the cream to cover the cake, then add the fruits giving attention that the fruits and granola appear on the wall of the container. Repeat until all is done. 

Place in the freezer and thaw for 15 minutes before serving. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*