Chef Revelry or Rivalry?


Last year, we had a part two of cook off at the green house. Because this should have been a French Anne vs Spanish Apachicha cook off, Italian Gerl (that's me) stepped in because the French gal didn't make it. 

She had us decide on lamb dishes months ago, and had us crave for some cocktails but she snobbed us by December. Haha! 

Well, the cook-off between us started when HE kept his grocery list away from me. AHA, he's serious and seriously suspect that I can turn the table against him. His spices from China shall arrive on Jan 10, not Dec 10. His bad luck. 

He cooks something chilli-fied and mine will be European-inspired. He did the spicy ribs and làmb skewers with bread sides heavily relying on cumin to cure his lamb. 

He also did an appetizer in lieu of dessert which won the hearts of the jurors because it was refreshing to the palate. It earned him 39 stars. Seriously? This isn't a lamb or a dessert dear. (Honestly, this should be disqualified because it was not an agreed dish, hahaha)

As for mine, I had the most technical and labor-intensive menu. I did the Gordon Ramsay-inspired shepherd's pie, Morrocan-inspired lamb dish and Roman-style lamb pot roast. My dessert is Korean-Pear in peanut butter crumble. Check my recipe in the previous post. By the way, my last two mentioned dishes won the hearts of everybody both earning 35 stars. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

Is this a Philippine Wisteria?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)