A day with Taal Volcano and Lake before it erupted


When my cousins brought me in Tagaytay last 11th of January, I was happy. It is a go-to place when one wishes to quickly go out of Manila. I recall that they always bring me here almost each time I visit them in Cavite. 

My 2020 visit impressed on me the property development happening around the lake. The scenic view of the volcano and lake is the selling point of the restos and condos or vacation villas.

I was able to quip in passing that one buys an expensive property near the lake but one will be so near when the volcano explodes. We were all laughing and dismissed our wishful thinking of buying a property near the tourist spot.

Taal Volcano last erupted in 1977 or 43 years ago, so the tragic eruption happened at the surprise, dismay, horror and sadness of residents, property owners, business owners, farmers, fishermen (I tasted Tawilis) and many more who made the tourist spot vibrant in the last four decades.

This is one property seen from Twin Lake. It was impressive and looks like an old eauropean town but for sure, this is now all gray for being covered by volcanic ashes. 

My sister and I had a grand photo sessions. Here are our Memories of Being near Taal before it erupted:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

Is this a Philippine Wisteria?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)