Harissa Paste


As I mentioned earlier, I intend to keep my blog as my recipe treasure chest too. So I am posting the spice that spiced my Moroccan-spiced lamb chunks (pun is enjoyed by me!) I used the Harissa paste to my Morrocan-spiced Lamb Chucks Stew. I made adjustments on the recipe I found because of the chilis that are available in my country, Philippines. So here is my take on this exotic sounding Moroccan mix of spices.

6 Fresh long Chiles locally called Taud-ilahas
6 fresh bell peppers
2 Tbsp cumin powder
2 Tbsp Coriander seeds, ground
1 head garlic, chopped
2 Tbsp Paprika
2 Tbsp Himalayan salt
4 Tbsp lemon juice
2 TBsp Apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
1/4 cup olive oil (or water may be used) 

In a blender, place all ingredients and blend until the mixture turns into paste.
Note: if using dried chilis, hydrate first before using.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

Is this a Philippine Wisteria?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)