YA Fiction: LOVE and other foreign words

Love and other foreign words
Erin McCahan
Speak, 2014

This young adult novel came to my hands when I ordered online for the autobio of Jackie Chan. Of course, I love the title. 

Anything about words capture me. And the author did not fail me in grabbing her book though the age-appropriateness (or mental or emotional appropriateness) of this book is just so far behind me. 

I enjoyed the book though I got the ending early on because as I said, I am far ahead for this kind. 

There are finest points in the book dissecting  "language of all sorts" that only a teenager like Josie can come up with which I wanted to quote here but I rather not because they are the icing to this piece. 

Coming-of-age, over-thinking, experiencing love and lost friendships, STYX (No, I'm more of Bread person).

This is a warm read for a day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*