Spiced Airfried Chicken


It's a friend's birthday and to celebrate, I made him a Spiced Chicken which I airfried. He is one of my few friends who uberloves chili so I used my dried and garden fresh mixed chilis, my garden fresh lemon for the lemon peel, lemongrass, ginger and turmeric. I used my store-bought and shelved peppercorns, mustard seeds and star anise too. More photos here. However, spices for this recipe can be in powder forms, so feel free to substitute.

Recipe

Whole chicken
Chili
Lemon peel
lemongrass stalks
ginger
turmeric
Himalayan Salt
Pepper
Knotted Lemongrass leaves

Clean and pat dry the chicken. Set aside. 

In a food processor place all spices except the knotted lemongrass leaves. Pulse blend the spices until grainy. Transfer in a mortar and pound the spices to bring out its juices. 

Rub the mixture inside and outside the chicken. Insert some in between the flesh and skin. Pound the knotted lemongrass leaves and insert in the body cavity of the chicken. 

Roast in the airfryer at 200F for 45 to 1 hour. Discard the oil gathered in the oven pan. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*