Why Hambil can charm you all the way?



Looking back to my visit on this island located just across the touristy Boracay Island, I just can't help but get excited backpacking again. Always, I get excited when I can go on side trips. It takes time and effort researching for the DIY holiday trips but I liked it when I get to see one place only for three days and two nights. 

I loved Hambil enough that I made a sensuous poem featuring it. In fact, I was not able to make a blog on my visit because I liked it very much for its quiet picturesque quality; the vibes of the place is my thing. We ate fresh sea catch and available veges at the talipapa. We travel by motorbike or carry van when we get to go to the cliff or the other side of the island but we generally walk from end to end.    

Hambil is the old name of Carabao Island of Romblon and the municipality is called San Jose. It is a two-hour travel by boat from Caticlan and they only have two trips a day (6am from the Island and 9am from Caticlan).
 



 This is the open-air motor-run boat we rode going to Hambil. We were blessed with good weather despite we had an August trip at the time. Of course, the sea is calm because the trip is early in the morning. If one misses the trip, one has to wait another day.
 ***



I loved the rocks at the end of the Island where my view of the white sand ends. In my poem, I refer to these rocks as moles. I so loved its cleanliness. I wished I can have this Island for my own appreciation only. But as for all the good things in life, sharing multiplies the happiness. So, I am making this blog now. (Mmmm, I want to change my mind!😛)

***


In my poem, I referred to the stretch of this white sand as the long arms embracing me and I felt like embraced by it actually and the blue eyes of the ocean locking with my eyes too as I lay down on the sand without  fear of being harassed by party-goers, drunks-on-broad-daylight or scavenging dogs.

***


As for the rest of Hambil, I want you to look at some of my photos:

 This is the Tourism Center at night.

***

 The hanging bridge at the Tuding-tuding Point

***

Swordfish is a good when dried. 
There were a lot of them in the wet market. 

***

 Just to give you the glimpse as to how clear is the waters of Hambil.

***

 We had our sunset here in this view deck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*