Snakefruit from Bali




A thoughtful friend brought us a Snakefruit during her trip to Bali, Indonesia... I lavished and slowly chewed on the fruit after peeling off its snake-like peeling...

I loved the taste. It has the nice sweet sour taste of a pineapple and the crunch of apple as texture and it looks like a giant clove of garlic when peeled and dissected.

Is it a fruit or nut?

When i had the chance, i googled and found out that it is from a palm tree like fig and dates... It is a popular and common fruit all over Indonesia and it can be made into wine...

I think I will have more of this when I get to visit Bali too.

*photos used above came from my google search...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*