Pesto with 3 kinds of Basil plus Brazilian Spinach


To say that I missed my pesto is an undestatement. I duper missed it. 

Yes, recently, I made one and I used 3 kinds of basils and added brazilian spinach as extender. I have the long italian basil, genovese basil and sweet basil in the garden but I harvested a handful only. My dream of growing a lot of sweet basils and harvesting a basin of it at a time is still not coming true. Here's my lesson or motto. I willnot try any more basil varieties except for sweet basil (too delicate to grow and I didn't get to make them last into woody maturity the last time I grew a lot of them) and genovese basil (proudly grew them into sturdy woody stems now). They both smell like basil. The long basil does not satisfy my olfactory craving. Bye bye to my great expectations. 


Brazilian Spinach
Pine nuts, toasted
Garlic
Parmesan cheese
Olive oil
Himalayan Salt

Put all ingredients in a blender. Blend until creamy. Store in a glass jar. 


Use a spoonful in your toast or pasta or soup.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

Is this a Philippine Wisteria?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)