Press (100 love letters)



Press
100 love letters
Edited by Laurel Fantauzzo
And Francesca Rendle-Short
UP Press, 143 pages

When I first opened a page randomly, I liked the poem I read but as I tried to pick some more pages, I was disappointed that the collection is not what I can call the finest since they just appeared to just comply to reach the number 100. The editors should have solicited more entries to select from from many women writers and poets.

The letters were penned by women writers from the asia-pacific region, mostly by Australians.
While most of the entries touch on women loving women, I found two which touch on love as universal and I loved them because they are written without pressing that wlw really exists. The more it is being canned as something not acknowledged, the more it gets to be unappreciated. There is a pained effort on that aspect which I don't like. It's disappointing for me as a reader who has already read some collections of love letters in the past.


But then I celebrate for the gems. Here are the ones I liked, and I think this is how far I will go to like:







By the way, I loved the epistolary preface from the editors.

P.S. I'm giving this away to interested takers. Message me....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

Is this a Philippine Wisteria?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)