Top things I did in Palawan (And you can't tell my parents)




I ate Tamilok, also known as shipworm, but technically, this is not a worm. It is an elongated mollusk that grows inside the dead trunks of mangrove trees.
***


Meditated on top of a Karst in Matinloc Shrine in El Nido!

***


I zorbed! I crawled inside a water-filled big ball and allowed myself to be rolled down the hill together with the ball. The experience was actually exciting and fun but also anxiety-filled because one can actually land in the hole as one rolls up and down together with the rolling big ball.
***


I ate lato and liked it! This grape-like shaped seaweed has some bumpy crunch in the mouth that goes well with vinegar. A great and instant appetizer as it will just be washed with fresh water and then serve immediately.
*** 


I flirted with Chao Long but the love affair didn't work out. The Chao Long I tasted must not be an enough representative of the popular Vietnamese-inspired noodle soup in Puerto Princesa City. The stock is sweet and no hint of chili despite the fiery red-orange color. But I love the locally-made french bread. Vietnamese dish made it to the local gastronomic fare because of the Vietnamese Village that was established for the refugees during the Vietnam War years.
***


*****


*****


*****


I had a grand time photoshooting in the white sand beach of Malcapuya in Coron! Thanks to my cousin, my photos shall speak for itself.
***

I did many other things like snorkeling though I am no swimmer in Coron, swimming from end to end of the lake in Kayangan holding on only to a floater, passing through crevices between the rocks of Ugong, drinking a rainbow of margaritas in Tiki bar and driving for the first time an ATV BUT then you cannot tell my parents about them.
***

You cannot tell my senior citizen parents because they did these, too, in Palawan!



Each of them has the time of their life while riding for the first time the zipline in superman from the tip of the Ugong Rocks and down! Look, how cool is my big fat father with his ride.
***



*****



On our way to the Ugong Rocks Cave, each also tried to do the Tarzan cling to the tree vines and passed by small crevices despite their big sizes.
***


My mother swam with the fishes. "Tapang niyo, mommy," constantly exclaims the guide.
***


Both hugged a baby croc while sporting wide grins!
***


My father flirted with Marilyn Monroe at the garden of Baker's Hill, a bakeshop in Puerto Princesa popular for its hopia. Look, what he did to Marilyn Monroe!
***


*****


*****


*****


Both had their picture-ready "Lover's in Palawan" poses too.
***


For more on my eats and trips, please check out beforesixdiet.blogspot.com and footandfire.blogspot.com






Published in Sunstar Bacolod.
http://www.sunstar.com.ph/bacolod/lifestyle/2013/05/20/top-things-i-did-palawan-and-you-cant-tell-my-parents-283226

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*