Camote Fries

Camote or sweet potatoes now abound in the wetmarket at 20php per kilo only. This means it is time for camote fries....

1 kl camote or sweet potato, cut lengthwise
Water
Salt

A little flour
Canola oil


Peel camote and cut lengthwise, about three times as thick as the french fries. Soak in water with salt for 15 minutes and drain well.

Heat oil for deep frying.

If preferred, roll each slice in flour (optional) and fry each batch for about a minute. One knows that its done when the camote slice floats in oil. Drain oil for each batch in a paper towel.

Serve with tomato ketchup.




Comments

  1. The other day, while I was at work, my cousin stole my apple ipad and tested to see if it can
    survive a 30 foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation.

    My iPad is now destroyed and she has 83 views.
    I know this is completely off topic but I had to share it with someone!


    Also visit my web blog - diet that works

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

Is this a Philippine Wisteria?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)