Banana and dried fruits cake


As you may observe here in my previous blogs, I do make banana cake almost always. I also love to add oats to my batter but I have no stock of it in my pantry. But I have stocked up on whole wheat flour. I used brown sugar because I bought dates to sweeten this cake but I bought ones with pits and it was time consumming to unpit them. Also, I used all dried fruits left in my pantry plus cranberries and raisins. I did not use eggs and used vinegar and baking soda to make everything airy. Now, I forgot to put oil but it's a pleasant discovery that it's like I didn't miss it. I used fresh milk because I am still making my homemade yogurt as of this time. Plain water will do...


2 cups mashed bananas
1t baking soda
4 cups whole wheat flour
1T baking powder
2 c brown sugar (1.5 may do )
2 cups of chopped dried fruits, berries (or nuts available)
2 cups milk
1/2 cup water
1T baking soda
2T vinegar (used my homemade banana vinegar. See previous post)

Pre-heat gas oven to 195 degrees centigrade.

Mash bananas and add baking soda to prevent discoloring. Set aside.

In a deep bowl, add flour, sugar and baking powder. Add milk and water. Mix and add mashed bananas.

Mix baking soda and vinegar. It will bubble up. That's what we want. Add to the mixture. Mix well.

Pour in a parchment lined pan.

Bake in the oven for 20 minutes but I doubled it to 40 minutes because my two pans fit well in my oven. 


See my "foot and fire by Gerlie" yt channel for videos. Funny, I ran out of toothpick and used chopstick to test whether the center is well baked. Thus the prominent holes. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

Linabog nga Bisaya nga Manok