GROUND ZERO where the 9/11 happened



One of the dubbed tourist attractions which I could not bring myself to excitedly go was the Ground Zero or the place where the 9/11 happened. It is now a park complex with museums on the side, the Oculus World Trade Center and the National September 11 Memorial Museum.  Above and below are the photos of the site where the names of the victims were written. Since I visited a week before 9/11, I found many flowers beside the names. 

Actually, I was hesitant to really go over the place since the atmosphere is sad, really sad, like in any site where death occurred, and also I felt that the grieving families or the surviving families should be given their own space for privacy despite the fact that 9/11 happened in 2001 or roughly 21 years ago. I felt my presence was an intrusion. 

But still i passed by twice without going inside the museum. I also felt that my presence should be a reminder that we are humans with the same aspirations and no one deserved to die. As humans, we are connected and we should survive together with other nations. War and hostility should retire and we should work for our future, like climate change, fair use of information, and condemnation of war and promotion of compromise on difficult political matters brought by our warring history. It is time to look after each other, rather than compete with each other.            

Here are the photos I took that I want to share with you:




                                        I admire the architectural beauty of this structure.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*