Granola cookies


I have a lot of granola in my shelf because I could not abandon my Green Tea mornings for breakfast. Green tea calls for light partner like toast or nuts or fruits while granola is loaded and a meal by itself. Last time, I made an easy easy Granola Bars with Peanut Butter. I just made Granola Cookies. But for this recipe, one may use rolled oats and raisins or whatever nuts and dried berries available. My granola has rolled oats, cashew nuts, chia seeds, walnuts, sunflower seeds and cranberries.

2/3 C Sugar (I use brown sugar and coco sugar 50-50)
1 C all-purpose flour
2/3 C butter
1 C granola mixture
4-6 T milk (any kind)
1/2 t Cinnamon
 


How To 

Pre-heat oven at 180C.
Sift flour and fold in butter. Mix until it looks like bread crumbs.
Add sugar and cinnamon. Mix.
Add granola and mix.
Add milk, start with 4 T first.
Mix but do not knead. Add more milk if needed.
Scoop 3 T for big cookies or 1 T for smaller size. Arrange in the cookie sheet and flatten one by one.
Bake in pre-heated oven for 15 minutes. (Same time, I used electric and gas oven)
Cool down first before transferring in a wire rack to rest. 
Don’t worry. Cookie is tender when hot but gets hard when cooled down.
Serve with your favorite tea or herbal infusions.

TIP: use two baking tins so that cooling down of 1st batch for 5 minutes can be accommodated. 
Transferring cookies while hot will deform or break them. I used 2/3 C sugar in my first recipe, I reduced here to 1/2 C as it was too sweet to my liking.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*