Spicy Tofu Sisig


Typhoon Odette (international name Rai) left us no choice but to cook all of our fridge goods and two kilos tofu became my next target after our Tangigue slices from our Sipalay trip. As someone who loves cooking, food waste/spoil is a no-no. I usually airfry but no electricity made me go for deep fry. Also, I do not use butter in my cooking but since I was gifted with a can of butter from New Zealand, I am using it from time to time. 

Tofu, sliced to small bits
Oil for deep fry

1T Butter or a little oil
6 clovrs Garlic  minced
2 Onions, chopped
2T Rice vinegar
2T soy sauce
2T fish sauce
4T worcestershire sauce
Pepper
Bayleaves
Mushroom seasoning
Chilis
1T chili garlic in oil (I have my homemade, check previous entries please for recipe) 

Garnish:
Mayonnaise
Lime
Fried egg

Deepfry the tofu or airfry them until a bit crispy. 

In a wok, put butter, garlic and onions. Stir fry until transluscent. Add the fried tofu and stir fry for 2 minutes. 

Add the sauces and seasoning except the chilis and chili oil gradually. Stir for another 3 minutes. Cover for 2 minutes. 

Reserve portions for no-chili palates. 

Add chili and chili garlic oil. Stir more. 

Serve hot with lime and mayonnaise for garnish. Add fried egg on top if desired. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*