My own Chili-Garlic Oil



Food brings us to places and it is definitely one of the things we can bank on to "travel light" or to travel with light carbon footprints" which we were fond of before the pandemic. 

When you travel for leisure post pandemic, I suggest that you make it a food trip with the aim of recapturing and sharing it at home so friends and family can enjoy them without making more carbon footprints. I realized now that that was what I was doing all along. This is why I made some chili because I remembered how much I loved the chicken bits in chili oil which I tried in Beijing which I wished to replicate.

Below is  a chili-garlic that I made out of my chili from the garden which I dried in the air {meaning, leave it on a platter to dry in air temperature} and a bulb of garlic which I airfried to dry. 

I blended them all using canola oil as oil base. Please Check Vid in my Instragram of me blendering the mixture.

Here's the simple recipe:

CHILI GARLIC OIL

Chili
garlic 
canola oil or sunflower oil

Wash the chili gathered. Let the water drain for a while. Let the chili dry in room temperature. 

Peel and press the garlic. Airfry or bake in the minimum hotness of your airfryer or oven for an hour. Switch off but let the garlic stay to maximize the hotness. 

In a blender, add chili, garlic and oil. Blend until fine to your desire. Let store in a glass container. 

{Note that I had mine in small batches because I used my garden harvest. I had a good amount after months of drying them}

In May 2021, I steeped my Garlic and whole dried chilis in oil. I blended this together with more dried chili I had. Check my blog entry here.

My accommulated dried chili from June to October.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*