Carissa Carandas


I have been a fan of ornamental foliage and now my interest transformed into edible ornamental plants. I recently acquired an Australian bushberry and harvested my first ample harvest of Peanut Butter fruit tree. But the latest of them all (though I got hold of the fruit and plans to sow the seeds) is this Carissa Carandas a.k.a. Christ's thorn, bengal currant, wild blood fruit, karonda, koromcha among others. 

It is not a cranberry as it is often mistaken given its color. A little research on what fruit I had on hand led me to understand how cranberries are planted and harvested. It was quite bizarre and awesomely cool.

Well I wish I can grow this plant from seeds. I have to thdnk the woman who bartered her bunches of Carissa Carandas for a pack of biscuits. 

Someday, I got a lot of recipe to try out. Lalala....https://www.instagram.com/p/CDLsmhgnyYI/?igshid=1swk96n27p1d0

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*