Homemade Pesto (Basil and Pine Nuts)


My friend in Paris sent me Pine nuts when she saw me posted pesto using almonds as the base nut of the pesto. Since the original pesto uses Pine Nuts, she wanted me to create the real thing. So when I had the chance to get fresh sweet basil leaves, I immediately used it. Pine nuts is quite expensive if found in our grocery stores, so I also recommend the almonds in lieu of this rare one. Almonds in the pesto is dry while pine nuts is much more nutty and blends well. At any rate, the aromatic sweet basil is the base of it all and I loved both ways!

4 cups sweet basil
3-4 cloves garlic
1/2 cup Pine Nuts
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup olive oil and 1/4 cup reserve
1/2 cup grated Parmessan

In a food processor, place the first four ingredients.
Blend well while slowly adding the half cup Olive oil.
Transfer in a glass bottle and Add Parmessan Cheese.
Put the remaining 1/4 cup of Olive oil on top of the mixture.
Best served as as sauce for pasta.
Also serve on top of crackers as appetizer or as condiment to meat, fish and vegetables.














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*