Baked Sushi (with tinkered ingredients)


I made Baked Sushi this week and it was a hit. I was not a fan of this deconstructed sushi which made a hit among Pinoys when pandemic struck but some leftover ingredients in my pantry called for it. I made takoyaki for my nephews and after a kilo of Takoyaki Flour, I decided to forego making more and retire the tako pan which make small rounds, like half-inch balls. Flour's gone but I still have the sweet soy sauce and the kewpie mayonnaise, Japanese chili and aonori. In fact, the katsuobushi or the bonito flakes is still here but I will add it on my next sushi bake batch. I also used Hasmin rice because I ran out of Japanese rice and it was a hit because the recent Hasmin is a good bit of stickiness just right for this sushi.

I am sharing with you my new-found recipe, as I said in the past, "hunger is the mother of all kitchen inventions," so here it is:  

Layers:
4 cups Rice
3 pcs cubed Mango
4pcs shredded Kani
1 can cubed Turkey Spam

Sauce:
2 cups Cream cheese
1 cup Kewpie mayo
1/2 cup Takoyaki sweet sauce

Toppings:
Dashes of Aonori (green laver) 
Dashes of Togarashi (Japanese chili pepper)

Nori Sheets, cut into 2x3 inch rectangles

Cook rice as usual just add a bit of salt and two tablespoons of vinegar. 
While waiting for the rice, prepare baking dishes by lining with a sheet of nori.
Adding about 3/4 inch layer of rice, mangoes, kani and spam and sauce.
Repeat by adding about 1/2 inch rice, then the remaining ingredients.
Top with aonori and togarashi. 

Serve with Cut nori sheets.

P.s. Spoon some baked sushi into the nori sheet and devour! Enjoy








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*