Masks from around the world by IMACO


The International Mask Arts Culture Organization held an exhibition late last year (2019) and yes, this is a very late upload. I wished to make separate blogs on different masks from differentcontinents but I believe, I am too ambitious about that. I was not even able to post a general information about the exhibit alone.  Anyway, since, I got the energy to tell you something about this endeavor, I am posting the photos I got and I am granting you the priviliege to admire the pieces. I got hooked by the variety of the pieces myself. I hope to see them again, especially that Bacolod celebrated Maskara Festival which literally translates to mask. 


Of course, I got you a photo of the Maskara Festival Mask, headress and costume here. The festival s  celebrated in Bacolod City, Negros Occidental.

To be honest, I could not remember the masks in relation to which continet they belong and I have no time to read the story that I photographed along ith the photos. So bear with me and just enjoy the individual pieces, with its vibrant color, intricate details, cultural significance, material used, the design which reflected the place where they come from and many more. Here are the pieces, I picked out :

***


***



SEE you IMACO this year. Check the org's info here: http://www.ichngoforum.org/international-mask-arts-culture-organization-imaco/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*