Furiously Happy


Furiously Happy
(A funny book about horrible things)
Jenny Lawson
Picador 2015, 329 pages

I bought this book in order to have a peek with what a depressive, anxiety-filled blogess can share so I can have a little understanding about her journey in life. I am committed to finish because I know the reason why I bought this book in the first place.

First, she's a pain in the ass. One has to have patience for this book because I can't stand highly detached ideas and simply go and laugh hard. If insight is to be held, one has to wade through the dark comedy to get through the gem of understanding, I know, I get that. If you are like me, I recommend that you read page 111 and 263 first and give this book a chance. Skip pages 11, 199, and 247 so you won't get mental indigestion.

Second, one has to love dead, furry buddies. And I still can't even after reading this book.

Third, be forgiving of all Jenny Lawsons out there, on the premise that they don't hurt people around them on purpose. 

Fourth, she is hilarious in telling her stories but of course, I can feel her struggle. I can also see the wisdom of going out there so as not to feel alone everytime she gets "Me-too" feedbacks. 

Fifth, my brows were fighting each other most of the time while I read but I admit Jenny Lawson made me giggle on some chapters.

Sixth, humility and humiliating oneself are synonymous, aren't they? Lawson is a definition of both, and I admire her courage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)

The Legend of Isla Gigantes in Carles, Iloilo*