My gift to Tin and Mookie on their wedding: "I wish your young love sweet joy"


***

I wish your young love sweet joy*
For Ma. Christine Antonette and Mark Partrick
1.25.2014


I wish your young love
will grow
like a raton planted in a potent soil,
Or will thrive
like cut canes inches above the ground.

I wish your growing love
will mature
like newly cut cane turned into molasses;
Or will be purified
like the crystal white sugar.

I wish your maturing love
will survive
like a cane standing despite the slashing,
Or will triumph
like a cane shooting despite the burning.

Above all, I wish your surviving love
will nourish each other
like sugar bits compacted into cube,
And will flourish
like sugar giving sweet joy to a home in every way.

*copyright 2014 by Gerlie M. Uy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

Is this a Philippine Wisteria?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)