My Darling Darjeeling


My Darling Darjeeling
(The harvest of your varieties)
By Gerlie M. Uy

I was wrong.
Accept my apology,
my Camellia Senensis,
for treating you like
you are nothing special.
When we were in India,
you are Darjeeling,
my no ordinary darling.
The first time I had you there,
it was after the spring rains,
and you offered me your gentleness,
lightness and mildness.
I had that first flush of blush on you in Mid-March.
And then you declared that I can have you in April,
but I chose to wait until June.
My second flush of blush with you in June
rewarded me with your amber appearance,
full-bodied embrace and muscatel-tasting kisses.
Then came the monsoons,
the lowest time of your life,
but you chose not to deprive me of you.
You would pay me back comes autumn, you promised.
My autumnal flush of blush for you
gifted me with your fuller darker body
and delicate touches,
all laced with kisses made of less spicy tones.
My Camellia Senensis,
I must admit,
you surprise me
wherever
you are,
whenever
I am with you.

By Gerlie M. Uy
Copyright 2015

*web photo; photo credit reverts to owner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

Is this a Philippine Wisteria?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)