Every artist's explanatory note


Every artist's explanatory note
By Gerlie M. Uy

My friends, never think that I am rude,
that I prefer a world of my own;
it is just that when I am alone
Creativity appears before me.

Never think that I am lazy,
that I rather stare on blank surfaces;
it is just that in this moment of want,
any emptiness is starting to be filled in.

Never think that my muscles are worthless
that I rather bring home a landscape,
a poem or a thousand folded papers,
it is just that each piece offers to erase your day's burnout.

Never think otherwise. It is no secret
that your work is as great as mine:
you bring food to the table
and I bring food for the soul.



By Gerlie M. Uy
Copyright 2015

*Inspired after reading a poem entitled,
 "The Apology" by Ralph Waldo Emerson

*Photo of Painting and Painting by Szymon Kędzierski of Wroclaw, Poland
Copyright reverts to him. Contact him at https://www.facebook.com/Szymon.Kedzierski.Wroclaw



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you still remember how Sarali or Sirali taste?

Is this a Philippine Wisteria?

TIKUM KADLUM (The Enchanted Dog, The First of the Ten Epics of Panay Bukidnon)